Thursday, November 6, 2008

Trying to Catch Up!

Sorry everyone for not posting anything sooner. It's been a busy week. We got the keys to the flat on Tuesday. However, we don't move in until mid November when the sea shipment arrives. At least I am able to do laundry there which is so nice! (5 people and over 3 weeks of clothes is a bunch!) I am going to take some pictures tomorrow of the flat and I'll post them to give you an idea of where we are going to live.

This past weekend we walked around Neuchatel and went to a Cathedral - Collegiale et Chateau. The pictures are smaller but you can click on them to enlarge them, I think. I'm experimenting again! Sorry, I tried it but it didn't work. I formatted the pictures too small.

It has a beautiful pipe organ. Parts of this cathedral date back to the early 1500's.
On the side of the cathedral they have a garden area. It has some neat little hideaways and a bridge that we enjoyed crossing.
The boys ride their scooters quite a bit. Children start riding scooters here as soon as they can walk. I've seen some very little children riding scooters very well. Some adults ride them to work. Kate, Maggie and I just follow behind. The stroller has been a life saver. It's not very wheelchair accessible and all the steps make it hard on Kate with her crutches. We are adapting.


Of course we have to walk down by the lake. The kids enjoyed feeding the ducks and a swan was there the next day.
Of course I couldn't do a post without giving you a new picture of the Alps and the lake.

1 comment:

Ellen and Sharon said...

Hi, and thanks for sharing a little bit of Switzerland with us. We only wish we could be there to share it with you. We know you are thrilled to be able to go to the washing machine. Hello to everybody in your wonderful family.