Friday, November 28, 2008

Moving in....

The day had finally arrived. Our sea shipment was in town. It sure was funny to see that huge truck coming down the street. We could hear it which gave us some time to snap a picture. The police had posted signs out front telling people that they weren't allowed to park in front of our place or else they would be towed. People don't care and will take the chance. I never saw the tow car! It was drizzling rain and they ended up parking on the opposite side of the street. There were four men and they weren't big guys. They had arrived at 9:30 and they were done unloading by 3:00 which included an hour lunch. They did really well thanks to Jason. He was in the back of the truck moving everything up while 1 guy carried it across the street. Another guy carried it up the 5 steps to the elevator. The third one took the boxes and whatever would fit in the 3 person elevator up to the flat. The fourth guy helped me place the boxes in the rooms.
The couches and the king size bed had to go up 3 flights of stairs. Also 2 big heavy desks and 2 dressers. I felt sorry for them. I heard the men joke that the king size bed was for "Zeus" (big guy in the back of the truck!)

It was a nice sight for me to look out the window and see the truck empty. I didn't want to see another thing come up that elevator.
We only have 1 box to deal with as of right now. I haven't hung any pictures but it is on the agenda for the weekend. It looks great and feels like home!

1 comment:

DanaB said...

The Zeus comment cracked me up! I can only imagine the look on Jason's face. LOL!