Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello everyone! I finally have sat down to update the blog. We are pretty much settled in and I have a computer at the moment that is working. Mine had a little incident with kids and spilled wine. It's not looking too good at the moment but I have faith in Jason. He pretty much fixes everything!

We went up to a toboggan hill not far from town called the Vue des Alps We had a great time. We went with the Taylors and the kids had a great time! The parents did too. It was a beautiful day. You can see the fog over the lake. As soon as we got a couple of miles out of town, the sun was shining.
Payton Taylor is 4 years old and the kids really enjoy playing with him.
I believe it is a chain drive that pulls you all the way up the hill and then at the top it releases you. You have a lever that controls the speed. Needless to say the men went flying down the hill with the kids.
Devin was pretending to be a cowboy!
Lucas was going fast but he wasn't about to let go of the brake.
Dad thought it would be cool to video tape the ride down. Kate's look is priceless!
Of course, Kate and I took our time. We didn't go very fast the first run. I thought we were going to have to push ourselves. I let Kate do the driving since she was the expert.
The man that owns the toboggan business was very nice. Jason enjoyed talking to him. I guess he just sold some of his designs to a group that was putting some in Colorado. He let Kate and the boys go down one more time on him. Kate loved the fact that she got to go by herself.
Once last look at the Alps. I'll be updating some more later today. I bet everyone is full of the good Thanksgiving fixings. Try not to spend too much money at all the sales.

2 comments:

Ellen and Sharon said...

What a fun time! Kate looks quite proud of herself for going solo!! Lucas is a smart boy...the brake is a good thing to hang on to.

DanaB said...

I remember going on one of those when I was a kid in either Colorado Springs or Manitou Springs. It was so much fun but our trip was cut short when my mom did something to her hip on her first ride down. What fun! Happy Thanksgiving!