Monday, October 20, 2008

Kate's 1st day of School in Switzerland

The day finally arrived and Kate was just a little bit nervous. I drove to school without any problems. I was amazed at how dark it still was. I don't know if it was because of the fog or if the sun normally isn't up at 7:30 a.m.




Kate met Ms. Greenbaum and instantly liked her. All I heard after school was how nice she was and she is very nice.




There are 8 students in her class. She is in the English speaking classroom and has French class 2 days a week. Tomorrow she will go on a field trip to see a play - "La sorciere du placard aux balais" (The Witch in the Broom Cupboard). I hope that goes well.

I was able to take some better pictures in the afternoon when I picked her up. I thought I would take a picture of the parking lot that we park in. It has a very nice garden. It is actually parking for the apartment complex right beside the school. They have 15 minute parking on one side which parks about 6 cars at the most. Many people park on the curb but I am not brave enough to do that yet. I am guessing there is about 150 students that attend the school from preschool thru 5th grade.





Kate is on the top floor which is called the 4th floor. Ground floor is zero here. She takes the elevator up in the morning and also at lunch time.




I thought the logo for the school is great. There are about 25 nationalities attending this school. At Christmas time they have a "Christmas around the World" where parents and children have a table and they give a little presentation on their cultural traditions.



I have already been given a parent volunteer form. Kate is making sure I sign the dotted line.................................... Ha Ha

4 comments:

sabel said...

Kate is going to blow your cover, no hanging back in this country. You will be in PTA (or whatever it is called there in no time). You are a great volunteer!! :-)

sabel said...

I am glad that Kate had such a first good day. The school sounds perfect.

Ellen and Sharon said...

We are happy that the first day went so well. Mrs. Greenbaum looks like a very nice lady. May all continue to go well. We are proud of you for driving her to school.

The Cline Family - Jeff, Sheila, Kiera and Kinsey said...

Hello Kate!!

We are so glad you had a wonderful first day!! How has the rest of the week gone? Did you enjoy the play? By the way, beautiful pink sweater you chose for the first day!!!!! Hugs and Kisses!!!