Saturday, October 18, 2008

2nd Attempt at Bern




Hello Everyone!




Today I am going to add more pictures of our adventure, I hope. The internet connection at the hotel isn't always that great and it takes forever for the pictures to upload.




We started our day a little bit later and there was lots of sunshine and happy moods. I forgot the guide book back at the hotel but I figured I could find my way. Our goal was to see the Bear Pit. The kids had their cameras and all the pictures from today are provided by one of them.










I thought I remembered the way to go but I didn't turn left soon enough and we walked a lot farther than we needed to. I would guess 2 miles more. The boys were good about it. We got a different perspective of the city. We saw it from the other side of the river. I thought this was a great picture of the Parliament building.








We walked upon Einstein's Museum that looked like a great place to spend a few hours. The kids begged me to go in and ask for directions. I did and the woman was nice enough to give me a map. She recommended walking along the river and we weren't far. We will visit the museum on the next trip.
The river was beautiful and it was a fun nature walk. I think we were about half way when we ran into a fence and the trail was closed. There was an alternate path but of course it was all uphill. It was too steep to push the stroller so I carried Kate and Devin pulled the stroller. Kate got scared because she thought we were in the middle of the "bear pit". During our long walk about, I was able to convince her otherwise. We ran into a nice woman and she pointed us in the right direction. We finally made it to the bear pit. It had been at leat an hour since we left the train station. There was only 1 bear and his name was Pedro. We were a little bit disappointed because we thought there was going to be more bears. People were feeding him and continued to beg for some more.









We were all in agreement to walk right back up thru the downtown area. It didn't take us more than 20 minutes to walk up the hill. The kids couldn't believe I made them walk so far out of the way. I told them it was a fun adventure that they would never forget! Of course they were starving and they spotted a Mc Donalds. The boys didn't want to eat once they saw the price of a meal. $13 for everything you see in front of Kate.





There was a German bakery right next door and the boys bought some doughnut like balls. They loved them. They thought they got the better deal of 1 Fr per ball.


We ran into the clock tower Zytglogge-Turm. It was built in 1530 and has so many functions.



We were all tired from the walking and decided to head back home. We remembered to get on the right part of the train this time. When we walked out of the station in Neuchatel, this was our view. It sure is beautiful.




I believe the kids had a great time and did a wonderful job taking pictures. Of course, I had to take the last picture of the day.

2 comments:

Ellen and Sharon said...

Those cute kids certainly took some great pictures. We love reading about your adventures. You are going to be so skinny from all of that walking. We are very glad you got on the right part of the train this time.

The Cline Family - Jeff, Sheila, Kiera and Kinsey said...

$13.00???????? That is crazy!! How much are webkinz??? Do they sell them over there?? Great pics you guys......keep them coming!