Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hotel des Arts

Hotel des Arts is our temporary home. I thought I would dedicate this post to Nursie Pooh and Mrs. Peeps. If you have ever been to their blog, you would understand. I am also practicing on this post. I am trying to get a little bit more familiar with how the blog program works.

This is our living room. The kids fight over these 2 chairs. They have the best spot for viewing the cartoons in French and a place to put their hot chocolate! Also, they have good connections to the internet and can keep their computers charging.



Of course I could not resist taking pictures of the bathroom. Kate is very curious about how that bidet works. However, I haven't heard the boys say one thing about it.




For the shower area, I am so thankful we at least have a shower curtain. I think everyone is getting use to handling the shower hose.




The kitchen reminds me of college. I can't wait to have a dishwasher again. The picture is a little bit dark but at least you get an idea of how it looks. The table is also my computer desk.





Lucas helped me to show the size of the refrigerator. We are adapting to it. The wine rack holds ice tea, coke zero and an orange drink very well. The compartment above that is the freezer. It holds 2 ice trays, bag of frozen beans and a bag of left over sauce that I made. I have 3 grocery stores within 5 blocks. It's good exercise to walk but I can't forget the bags or the cart.


The bedrooms are a nice size. The best thing is the comforter on the bed. It definately keeps you nice and warm at night. Kate has some of her stuffed animals that helps make the room a little bit like home.












2 comments:

Ellen and Sharon said...

WOW! You made us feel very special with this blog post. Thank you for sharing your temporary digs. We are spoiled in America. Europeans just laugh at us for having to use our cars to go to the grocery store. We will be thinking about you when you finally get to move into your more permanent home.We miss you and think of you everyday.

SandyV said...

Christa,

I finally found some time to review your post! You have some really neat things on here and I love the pictures. I am in Boston right now for training and the leaves are pretty like the ones in your picture (you have far more than I have seen). I can't get over how big the kids are getting!! Take care and best of luck to you all during this adventure.

Sandy