Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hiking in the Woods

I walk quite a bit in the woods up by Katelyn's school. Maggie (the dog) has a great time with all the different smells and all the little mice. It is also a nice time for me to get some good exercise while talking with friends. Last week, Jason was able to join us because he was working from home due to conference calls in the afternoon and evening. The weather was just wonderful last week. We walk a good 4 miles in about 2 hours. There are so many paths and forest roads it always seems different. I remembered to carry along the camera last week. The following are a few of the pictures that I took.






There is an area that is right above where the boy's school that has some animals. Parker really enjoyed seeing the donkeys.
I thought this was a bit funny. We haven't ever seen any frogs while walking. I wonder how big the frogs get.
The baby animals are always so cute to see.
On a different day we decided to walk a trail that is actually a downhill mountain bike course. It is just crazy what they have set up. I don't know who is actually working on it but someone has put quite a bit of time and hard work into it.
This jump is a good 10 feet in the air. Stanton is 6'4". I think the goal is to jump over the road and land on the downhill slope.
You really would have to have good balance on that narrow bridge but even more so on the narrow part of the rock.
Tree logs are cut in half to form a platform to another rock.
You definately better have speed to make this jump. I would hate to be short.
After the jump, you go into a big curve.
Another ride the plank and jump.
It is crazy!
I guess there is a choice for those that aren't so fearless.
I think this took some time and hard work.
This is the new section that they have been working on the past few weeks. It's interesting because they leave their shovels up in the woods.
That is one bike trail that I hope the boys never get near to on their bikes. Devin has actually walked the course with his class from school. However, Lucas has never seen it and I hope it stays that way!
For the final picture, I decided to end with "I spy a mouse".

No comments: