Friday, May 7, 2010

Glacier - Val de Traverse

Hi, this is Devin. My mom wanted me to post some pictures of our class trip to a glacier that isn't very far away from Neuchatel.

This picture is of the opening where we had to climb down to see the glacier.
This is the hole where the glacier is and it goes 60 meters underground.
This is at the bottom where we entered the area of the glacier.
This is what it looked like on the way down.

The next 2 pictures are pretty cool looking back out of the hole.
This is the opening mouth of the glacier.
This icicle extends all the way back to the top of the ground.
A picture of the cave but we weren't allowed to go any further.
This is the hole where the icicle is and looking up towards the ground.
The bus driver and I were the first ones down.
This is a picture of my friends Sebastien and Grace going down. I was giving them words of encouragement.
It was a really neat and fun way to learn about glaciers and how they are formed underground!

1 comment:

Swiss Family Taylor said...

I didn't know glaciers were found underground. Very interesting.