Thursday, February 12, 2009

Weekend get together - Mexican Style

We were finally able to set a date with our relocation agent and her family. Christine was a huge help and has been a very good friend. They said they liked spicy, so I decided to cook up some good Mexican food. Our local grocery store does have a nice selection of "Old El Paso" Products. The tortillas are pretty good and makes cooking a lot easier. Price - 4.80 Francs for a package of 8 tortillas.

I made green chili for burritos and a chicken enchilada casserole. We had nachos, beans and all the fixings. I think all the adults had 2 servings and they couldn't believe all the food. I have to say they really did like it. Of course, I had to make some triple chocolate brownies. They couldn't believe they were made from a box kit. We did a number on those too! I'm upset that I didn't take their picture. Next time!
They brought over a lovely flower arrangement. It was nice to have something bright in the kitchen. We had lots of fun and lots of laughs. It's always so much fun to hear people from Switzerland talk about Switzerland!

1 comment:

Ellen and Sharon said...

It sounded like a wonderful El Paso dinner.