Thursday, February 12, 2009

Crazy Weather!

We have been having lots of rain lately. However, this morning we woke up to a snow storm. It started a little bit before 7:00 this morning and by 8:00 there was probably a good 2 inches on the ground. It made for a huge mess - slush turning into ice.

I decided to try my luck and see how the roads were to take Kate to school. I got half way up the hill and there was a big truck that slid across the road into a parked car. The car in front of me had stopped and couldn't get going again. Of course once I stopped, I couldn't get moving either. So I was able to back up, turn around and head back home. Luck was with me today.
The sun did come out around 10:00 and the streets looked better. I decided to take Kate to school. There were quite a few accidents that were still being cleaned up. I hope the roads stay ok till it's time to pick up Kate later this afternoon.

When I got back home I took Maggie for a walk along the Lake. She always has a good time running around. They are allowed to be off their leash on the grass. Occasionally she'll play with other dogs.
These 2 pictures I just decided to take to show you the weather. It started to really snow again.
I think they are predicting snow for the rest of the week into the weekend. We shall see.

1 comment:

Ellen and Sharon said...

Would you believe that we even had snow this week in El Paso????? It was barely enough to note, but it was SNOW!