Friday, February 27, 2009

Spring is Coming

We have been getting a little bit warmer this past week. They are predicting a high of 59 for Saturday which we are all excited about. I thought I would change the picture at the top of the page. The blog was looking a bit too cold - it needed some blue sky and sunshine. The lake water is so low. I don't really understand why because we have had so much more moisture than what is considered normal here.
I think I have become attached to the swans. There is 3 of them that have stayed all winter. They will eat bread right out of your hand. They get a finger every now and then but it doesn't hurt. There is one that really likes to hiss. It's amazing how big they are.
I'm anxious to see how hopping this marina will be this summer.
In our yard, we have had these little bulbs coming up since November. I couldn't believe they were coming up so early. They have finally started blooming this past week. The yellow flowers only open when the sun is shining on them. They are not very big.
The white ones aren't much bigger but it's nice to see flowers in the yard. They are definately pretty hardy!

1 comment:

Ellen and Sharon said...

Loved the signs of spring. Thank you for your wishes on our blog. Sharon is doing better each day. It is very hard for her to be this incapacitated. Happy Spring!