Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cold and Freezing Fog!

Well we have only see the sun once since New Year's Eve and that was on New Year's Day. It warmed up just enough to make the following weeks a mess! Ice was everywhere. It was a holiday so not too much got accomplished. I have to say the roads were cleared off enough to get 1 1/2 cars thru. Sidewalks didn't exist and parking is still a little bit hard to find.
So many trees split with the weight of the snow and ice that they have been removing quite a bit of wood as well as hauling away ice/snow from the streets and sidewalks. In this picture you can barely see the huge pile. They haul everything to part of the parking lot down by the lake.
These pictures are from yesterday's walk along the lake. It is very pretty. This past weekend it didn't get above 18 degrees F.

The lake has gotten very low. The rocks on the left are usually under a foot of water.
The crane looked cold too! I didn't have Jason's high powered zoom camera with me.
I saved the best for last. I love this picture of the big tree.
I think the sun is trying to come out now. No, I think I have been staring at the computer screen too long! Ha Ha I hope you have enjoyed all the updates.

1 comment:

The Cline Family - Jeff, Sheila, Kiera and Kinsey said...

The last picture of the big tree is my favorite too! I got the shivers just looking at those pictures!!!